This was a project to redevelop a three storey Grade 11 listed building in Islington converting it from seven bedsits, a communal kitchen and an office into three self-contained flats.
The extensive nature of the conversion works combined with the client’s desire to undertake all the works in keeping with the listed status, even where not required by the consent, threw up some problems. SDB are now, at least, experts in lathe and plaster walls and ceilings and have further experience of lime mortar and plaster.
Our expertise in refurbishment and direct labour contributed to the success of this project.
- ADDRESSGreenman Street, London, N1 8SD
- CLIENTPeabody Trust
- ARCHITECTNiall McLaughlin Architects
- ENGINEERSEllis & Moore Structural Engineers
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEWalker Management
- M&E CONSULTANTSBailey Garner
- CONTRACT SUM£600,000
- COMPLETION DATE10/09/2014