Lansdowne Drive was the conversion of a Grade II listed school into flats for the Peabody Trust. The scheme included, as well as the conversion, a new third storey extension and a roof conversion to create further units.
Lightweight metal steel partitions were used internally with the third floor extension in timber to limit increases in loads. The existing windows and the roof coverings were retained and overhauled with the addition of new prefabricated dormers to the front elevation. The structural alterations included a new storey in the roof space constructed in such a way as to minimise disruption to the existing slate roof.
- ADDRESSChessum House, Lansdowne Drive, Hackney
- CLIENTPeabody Trust
- ARCHITECTNTA Projects (now Altelier 16)
- ENGINEERSEllis & Moore Consulting Engineers
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEWalker Management
- M&E CONSULTANTS-
- CONTRACT SUM£1,200,000
- COMPLETION DATE15/05/2005