This was our first project for Metropolitan Housing Trust and consists of 9 terraced houses and 3 flats. Metropolitan visited our project at Boatemah Walk and decided to transfer the whole team of architects, engineers, client representatives and ourselves to Wiltshire Road.
The houses are timber frame using FSC timber, with green roofs and solar thermal heating and are built to high insulation standards using recycled newspaper in external walls and roof. It is one of five projects where we have achieved EcoHomes Excellent.
The aim was a scheme with 100% FSC certified timber under our FSC Chain of Custody, but our partnered window supplier was unable to obtain its own Chain of Custody accreditation in time. Despite this it still achieved over 96% FSC timber.
It is only the second new build UK housing scheme (Boatemah Walk was the first) to qualify as an FSC mixed sources product.
- ADDRESSAngela Carter Close, 72A Wiltshire Road, Brixton, SW9 7NH
- CLIENTMetropolitan Housing Trust
- ARCHITECTAnne Thorne Architects Partnerships
- ENGINEERSDewhurst Macfarlane
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVETurner Wright & Partners
- M&E CONSULTANTSAndrew Turner & Co
- CONTRACT SUM£2.5m
- COMPLETION DATEMarch 2008