This project involves the completion of the Design and Construction of three New Build terrace houses to Passiv Haus standard on an infill site and the conversion and fit out of two existing houses into six highly insulated retrofit flats.
This scheme has yet again reunited Sandwood with Anne Thorne Architects & London Borough of Lambeth to replicate previous successes such as Hawthorn Road, Angela Carter Close and Rossiter Grove.
The scheme is located within a conservation area, and includes three new-build large four-bed family houses that will be timber-frame construction using the Passivhaus homes PH15 system.
The three houses knit together an existing Victorian terrace in Lambeth, where the site has been vacant since bomb damage during WW2. Also included are a major sustainable, low carbon refurbishment & retrofit to the existing adjoined terrace houses that will create six new flats.
- ADDRESS54-48 Akerman Road, London SW9 6SN
- CLIENTLondon Borough of Lambeth
- ARCHITECTAnne Thorne Architects
- ENGINEERSEllis & Moore Structural Engineers
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEArtelia UK
- M&E CONSULTANTSAlan Clarke
- CONTRACT SUM£1,700,000
- COMPLETION DATEAugust 2016