The project comprised the development of a small cohousing scheme upon a disused backland site embracing cohousing principles within an urban context and made use of sustainable approaches to construction, energy use, transport and land management, maximising shared resources where practicable and providing communal spaces and gardens.
The project was built to Code for Sustainable Homes level 4.
The ‘Employer’ for this development was Springdale Gardens Ltd, a company owned by a small group of mixed households with shared aspirations and both collective and individual interests.
The project was shortlisted for a Regional RIBA award in 2015.
- ADDRESSSpringdale Road, London, N16
- CLIENTSpringdale Gardens Ltd
- ARCHITECTHenley Halebrown Rorrison
- ENGINEERSRodrigues Associates
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEHenely Halebrown Rorrison
- M&E CONSULTANTSAJ Energy Consultants
- CONTRACT SUM£1.9m
- COMPLETION DATE20/06/2014