A terrace of four houses for Metropolitan Housing Trust and the resurfacing of the access road, which followed on from the adjacent award winning scheme at Angela Carter Close.
The houses were constructed in timber frame, utilizing FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) timber throughout, qualifying as an FSC mixed sources product. It also achieved EcoHomes “Excellent” (the fifth Sandwood project to reach this level) and in addition to sustainable timber included a green roof, low water consumption features and non-toxic, ecologically-friendly paints.
The scheme was completed in November 2008, 6 weeks ahead of contract.
- ADDRESS1-7 Rossiter Grove, Brixton, London, SW9 7AJ
- CLIENTMetropolitan Housing Trust
- ARCHITECTAnne Thorne Architects Partnership
- ENGINEERSDewhurst MacFarlane
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEAndrew Turner & Co
- M&E CONSULTANTS-
- CONTRACT SUM£1,100,000
- COMPLETION DATENovember 2008