Hemstal Road is a development of a three storey block of three flats with two 4 bedroom houses and one 3 bedroom wheelchair house.
The site was originally occupied by houses designed by Walter Segal, one of the fathers of self build.
he new dwellings are of a traditional construction with brick and block load bearing walls with pre -cast concrete floors to the flats and timber I joists to the houses. The roofs are timber trusses with zinc cladding.
The scheme was completed in September 2008.
- ADDRESS56 Hemstal Road, West Hampstead, London, NW6 2AH
- CLIENTOrigin Group
- ARCHITECTDunthorne Parker Architects
- ENGINEERSEllis & Moore Consulting Engineers
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEBDB Surveying Services
- M&E CONSULTANTSTurner Wright & Partners
- CONTRACT SUM£1.6m
- COMPLETION DATESeptember 2008