Chiswick War Memorial Homes was a two phase development consisting of the design and construction of 28no flats and a community centre, plus the refurbishment of 8no houses with extensive external works. The dwellings provide accommodation for ex-service personnel with a range of disabilities.
The scheme is constructed in timber frame, with 10% of the energy requirement provided by renewable energy through the installation of solar panels. Level 3 of the Code for Sustainable Homes was achieved by obtaining a 25% reduction in carbon emissions, using water saving devices, high levels of insulation, rainwater attenuation, using
materials with low u-values and achieving high levels of air tightness.
The first phase of the development completed in June 2009 with the second phase completed in July 2010.
- ADDRESSBurlington Lane, Chiswick, London, W4 3EU
- CLIENTSir Oswald Stoll Foundation
- ARCHITECTLiving Architects
- ENGINEERSEllis & Moore Consulting Engineers
- CLIENT REPRESENTATIVEMaddlin + Maddison
- M&E CONSULTANTSAJD Design Partnership
- CONTRACT SUM£5.6m
- COMPLETION DATEJuly 2010